Coffee From Heaven & Banana Nutella Marble Bread
I hope everyone had an excellent weekend, mine was good and was spent shopping and cleaning (I’m so wild!)
Now back to the work scene. I felt somewhat rejuvenated this morning, especially for a Monday morning – maybe it has to do with getting so much accomplished this weekend! It probably also has to do with the new coffee I got yesterday.
As I mentioned before, I got a coffee maker for the house in effort for Torrance and I to save money (we were spending a fortune at Starbucks). I picked up some Dunkin Donuts coffee because that is the type Torrance likes… being that I have been an espresso drinker my whole life I am still getting accustomed to coffee and prefer it really strong (bold) so I picked up something different to try.
And I decided to try out the Cinnabon creamer for something different, it was an excellent mix, and that coffee is much more my style.
So last night, like I said I was going to, I did some baking. I apologize I am the absolute worst at taking pictures throughout the baking process and only ever remember at the final product. And in this case my pictures were pretty poor.
I baked a loaf of Banana Nutella Marble Bread thanks to a recipe from the wonderful Emily over at Sugar Plum Blog. If you have never been to her blog make sure you check it out – she has some of the most amazing recipes and they are organized by ingredient which is amazing (I always browse through the banana section ;).
Here is the recipe, I made a few very small changes to it but you can view her original recipe here (with good pictures!):
Banana Nutella Marble Bread
Yield – 1 loaf
Prep time – 10 minutes
Bake time – 1 hour
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together banana, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy and well combined – about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs until well combined – about 2 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour mixture until just combined. Divide 1/2 of of the batter into a medium bowl; stir in Nutella until combined.
- Alternate spoonfuls of batter into loaf pan until all of the batter is used up. Swirl batter gently with a knife (not too much!).
- Bake 1 hour or until well risen, deep golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into bread comes out with moist crumbs attached.
I checked on mine and ended up pulling it out of the oven at 55 minutes! And of course, I brought it to work for everyone to eat so it doesnt sit at my house and I eat it all!
Time to knock out my long to-do list at work! And fitness class tonight, I’m going to try and make it possibly 4 times this week.
Have a great day!
Do you like banana bread?
Which do you prefer better? Cooking or baking?
I actually prefer cooking over baking because I feel like when I’m baking there is more to mess up!! haha