My Goals for 2012
Day off for me!! Weee!
I still woke up fairly early this morning and took Kona on a little walk. It was sunny but still pretty crisp out.
When we returnrd, I was starving so I cooked up eggs (of course!) and actually some bananas with peanut butter and cinnamon on the side.
And dont forget coffee out of my new mug my coworker got me for Xmas.
So, 2011 was a whirlwind for me. I would do a fun recap, but honestly, there isnt a lot to recap.
I didnt make any of the usual goals or resolutions for 2011, simply because I had one goal in mind: Move across the country – get there safely, get settled in, and dont lose my mind.
And really, it was an awesome success.
Today actually officially marks 6 months since the day we left Alaska (we left July 2). And also exactly 5 months since I started the blog on August 2nd.
We spent the first half of 2011 getting ready physically and mentally – including selling everything, packing, preparations, saving money, etc. It was pretty intense. And then we spent 13 days on the road….. and the rest of the year getting settled into our new lives.
We basically chalked 2011 up as the year of a big change and that we would devote everything we had to it, which we did. We didnt take any of our usual trips – no Belize, no Arctic Man (first time in 7 years we didnt go!), no usual camping at the lake every weekend in Alaska…though we were able to get a couple good last camping trips in before we left. Point being, we knew the year would fly by. If you want to read about the move – you can see the short and the long version here.
With that being said, I feel like 2012 truly is a completely new slate, different from the beginning of any other year. New home, new city, new jobs, new people. Pretty exciting I must say!
I really want to focus on improving my over all health. That is a big, broad goal… and since they say to be successful in reaching goals and forming new habits, you must be more specific…. here are the specifics:
1. I want to lose 20 lbs. Yep, I’m one of those. It is a little bit overdue, and dont really think there is much detail to go into – but I have never been one to focus on weight, but more of how I felt, etc. But – I started paying attention to weight more-so lately when some of my clothes were fitting a little more snug. Let’s just say, some of my wardrobe is missing me (and I am definitely missing them, jeans, I am talking to you).
2. I want to drink 120 ounces of water per day. I drink around 90 now… I’m already close! That is 15 cups, or about 7 and a half of these water bottles.
3. I want to work on running and eventually I hope to run a 5k. I know a 5k is not that ambitious, but being that I really am not a runner, I am going to set the bar low. (Ha!) I need a goal to work toward to keep me going, but if I set the bar too high, I will most likely scare myself out of it ;) Baby steps. And I definitely plan to continue my usual training as well – because I absolutely love it.
4. In non-health related goals, I want to be more organized. I can be sort of…hectic at times. My old coworkers back in Alaska in particular probably laughed as they read that and envisioned my disastrous desk. Yes Kayla, this is the chaos I am referring to. My truck is always a little messy too, and I have a bad habit of coming home and throwing all my crap on the counter and couch and leaving it there for a while. I definitely need to work on this. Which is also why I started with deep cleaning my house yesterday ;)
So, off I go to get some stuff done today, including working on #3 and taking Kona on a little run outside to enjoy the weather before it gets cold next week!
- What are some of your goals for 2012?
- What was one of the highlights of 2011 for you?
Moving and starting the blog for me.