Good-Bye 80′s TV & Banana Nutella Muffins
Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!
I have had a busy and really good one! Here’s a quick recap:
I had a little blogger meet up yesterday. Earlier this week I got the best tweet ever from Lauren at Chocolate, Cheese, and Wine. She lives about 2 hours away and was headed to my neck of the woods and asked if I wanted to meet for lunch.
Of course! So yesterday afternoon we met up at Firebirds (the same place Torrance and I ate for my birthday dinner). It was so fabulous to meet and get to know her!
We chatted for a good few hours and sadly no pictures were taken. I know, I know, two bloggers met for lunch and not one picture was taken – that has to be some kind of weird, sad record.
I [finally] got a new TV. I was determined to get a kitchen table today. If you remember, we are still without mostly because I havent found one that I really like. Long story short I went to get the one I sorta liked and they didn’t have it anymore, so instead – we bought a TV (also something we needed badly!)
Good-byetiny 30 inch 80’s TV.
Hello new 50 inch LED.
Aw, to feel normal again.
I also finally watched “He’s Just Not That Into You”. I don’t know why I have never seen it! Luckily, it just happened to be on TV.
I love Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, and Jason Long. And obviously Bradley Cooper is my secret boyfriend, so that is a given.
I got all my stuff for my Foodie PenPal box so I can send it out tomorrow! I am oh-so excited and I got some pretty awesome stuff to send! I will share once we do the reveals at the end of the month of course. (If you want info about this you can check it here. You don’t have to be a blogger to participate!)
And last, but definitely not least. I have a delicious new recipe!
I had some overripe bananas to use – so as usual I was looking for good stuff to make. Muffins it was.
Banana Nutella Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 22 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup plain, unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Nutella (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep muffin tray with liners (or spray with nonstick cooking spray)
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, salt, and baking soda with fork. Set aside
- In large bowl, mash bananas and then mix in applesauce, eggs, butter and vanilla using a large spoon
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir until well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Divide batter into muffin pans about 3/4 full.
- Add quarter sized dollop of Nutella to top of each muffin and swirl in using a toothpick.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until muffins are firm and golden brown.
As you can imagine the Nutella doesn’t swirl in very easily since it is so thick, I just tried to spread it best I could and it turns out well with a nice moist, chocolaty top!
Definitely good fresh out of the oven!
Off to enjoy the rest of the Sunday night before Monday hits!
- What one piece of furniture/electronic (not including appliances) could you not live without?
For me, a real bed/mattress!
- Your celebrity crush?
Bradley Cooper hands down. And Rob Dyrdek. I just love him.