An Update On The Weight Loss Thing & Stuff I’ve Been Eating
Hello doll faces!
So, since it has now been a full FOUR weeks (time fliiiiiies) since my “get serious about losing weight declaration” I figured I would share an update as well as things I have been eating in honor of that.
First, the update.
I have lost a total of 4 pounds. If you are the mathy type, yes, that is about 1 pound per week. Cant complain, a sistas stayin’ consistent.
I’ve been eating around the neighborhood of about 1200 calories per day, drinking my 120 ounces of water, and working out about 5 days a week – 3 at training at 2 days of cardio (ugh, cardio). If you are wondering, my cardio has consisted of rowing, stair climber, and cycling for the most part. I have ran [read: tried to] a couple times.
Since I typically hate the scale, I have been kind of making myself get on it every other day or so in order to see where I’m at and trying to get a better of idea of fluctuations etc. I notice the fluctuations have mellowed out a little bit, which I think is also a little bit of a win.
I have not taken any updated measurements, but probably will this week since it has been about a month since I have done so. I actually let my trainer do this so it’s consistent (I’m not very good at being consistent with it).
I have come to realize that when I’m eating a lot healthier, I feel a lot less exciting in the kitchen, and in a way just wanna get in, and get out. Not very experimental, if you will.
Here is a little breakdown of what I’ve been eating:
- 1 cup of bran or other fibrous cereal with raisins or a sliced banana
- 3/4 cup plain oats with raisins or sliced banana – I add cinnamon and a little almond milk so it’s not so blah)
- On the weekend I always cook a “bigger” breakfast for us, so I have been having turkey sausage, half of a wheat english muffin with a little PB and low sugar strawberry jelly, and scrambled eggs (one whole egg with one egg white)
- Salad. A lot of salads.
- If I want to go out I will get a turkey sandwich with lots of veggies from Subway, no cheese.
- I have been making a few wraps here and there on a wheat wrap with turkey, sprouts, spinach, tomato, and spicy mustard, usually eaten with fruit!
- I’m trying to stick to: fish, shrimp, or chicken for the most part (I have only had red meat ONCE in the last month, crazy for me).
- For my starchy foods I’m sticking to black beans, quinoa, brown rice (rarely, kind of plain for me), or a sweet potato.
- I always include green veggies!
- Lots of fruit – berries, bananas, melon, pineapple
- Hard boiled eggs. All the time!
- Cherry tomatoes with a little balsamic
- I eat a laughing cow here and there but I’m real trying to cut my cheese intake down (and am being somewhat successful for once)
- When I want something sweet I will eat half an english muffin with a little PB and low sugar strawberry jelly.
- Water. Water. and more water. (120 oz per day)
- No juice (I wasnt really a juice drinker anyway, besides the occasional OJ on the weekends)
- I have been having like, 3 glasses of wine per week. THREE. per WEEK. Yes, this is some serious shit.
- When I want to get all crazy (weee!) and am craving something different, I will drink one of these, usually like 2 nights a week or something.
Since I have been sort of “lazy” in the kitchen, most of this takes about 10 minutes or so.
And let me tell you, this stuff has been a life saver:
Seriously, it takes 90 seconds to cook and is super delish and goes with everything. Plus, since there are about 2-3 servings in a pouch I can save it and reheat the rest later.
I’ve only eaten a couple “bad” things over the last month….I’m actually kind of impressed, but like I said when I get serious about something, I can usually hang.
I did eat one cupcake. ONE. I consider those fajitas above kind of bad because they werent whole grain tortillas which is sort of “off plan” for me but really, they are harmless little fajitas. I ate one piece of Hawaiin pizza one night too. (And it was like an awesomely carby, cheesy, delicious masterpiece of heaven in my mouth).
Okay, I’m outta here! Have a good Tuesday!
- What is your favorite type of cardio?
- Just for fun – finish this sentence: “When I’m craving something sweet, I want….”
……Cake. I want cake. Big fluffy delicious cake.